Our summer internship program is a fun, exciting and educationally-packed 10 weeks. Each intern is specially selected and placed in a department that best fits their skills and interests. Throughout the 10 weeks they will be mentored and supervised by a Blue Sky professional in that field.
We have 2 types of internship - Technical and Artistic/Production. The Technical intership information is below and the application due date is January 23, 2015. Information for the Artistic/Production internships will be posted closer to January 2015, please stay tuned for more information.
If you are currently studying computer science then we encourage you to apply and join us this summer for this fantastic experience. We are looking for interns for our Production Engineering and Research & Development departments.
Production Engineering designs and implements software tools that manage and visualize the data used in the creation of animated feature films. Production Engineers are responsible for integrating proprietary and third party tools into production. PE standardizes the workflow to ensure clean handoff of data and is involved with every production department from Design to Final Render. Production Engineers interns should be pursuing a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or Engineering with proficiency in C, C++, Python, and Object Oriented Programming.
The Research & Development department develops software in several areas: rendering and associated queueing and image tools; scene modeling and fur/hair/vegetation modeling and simulation tools; character and crowd rigging components and animation efficiency boosting tools. R&D Interns should be pursuing a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or Engineering with strong math or science and algorithm backgrounds and show an affinity for problems related to CGI.
- Application process opens on November 1, 2014
- Application process closes on January 23, 2015
- To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note in your subject field which department you are applying for. (Example: Internship – Production Engineering)
- Summer internship starts early June
- Summer internship ends early August
- The internship is open to all college students whose graduation dates fall within the following time frame: Winter 2014 through Spring 2016.
More details to come in January 2015.